Attractions in San Francisco, CA
Guests of the Inn San Francisco will be delighted to find that the Mission Dolores is home to a vivid neighborhood known for its wide variety of restaurants and other great provisions and attractions.
Some fine local restaurants in the area include:
- Bar Tartine on Valencia specializes in Hungarian cuisine with California accents. Try their Longos (fried potato bread). and go for brunch on weekends.
- Commonwealth on Mission has a constantly changing menu of Progressive American, employing the latest food preparation techniques (i.e. nettle emulsion for scallops).
- Delfina and Delfina Pizzeria is located on 18th Street near Guerrero. Known for its excellent Tuscan Italian fare, the restaurant is full-service with a café offering take-out gourmet pizzas next door.
- Dosa on Valencia and 21st Street serves upscale South Indian cuisine.
- Flour and Water located on the corner of Harrison and 20th Streets, this is a wonderful Ligurian restaurant with hand rolled pastas and thin-crust Neapolitan pies.
- Foreign Cinema located on Mission near 21st Street, this spot is famous for its Med-Cal specialties and champagne brunches.
- Frances in the Castro District is a must-visit intimate spot with American cuisine that one would expect in a high end restaurant downtown.
- Garcon on the corner of Valencia and 22nd Street is a traditional Parisian restaurant, perfect for a romantic dinner.
- Herbivore located on Valencia Street near 21st Street has wholesome Vegan salads, soups and sandwiches
- La Traviata, serves up old-style traditional Italian on Mission, south of 24th Street.
- Limon Rotisserie is located one half block from the Inn on South Van Ness and 21st Street, featuring wonderful Peruvian ceviche and succulent rotisserie chicken.
- Mission Chinese Food on Mission serves top chef Danny Bowen's American take on his favorite Chinese dishes, such as sizzling cumin lamb or kung pao pastrami.
- Range on Valencia near 20th Street has stellar New American fare, earning it a Michelin Star.
- Tartine Bakery try French pastries and sandwiches with a Parisian touch.
Can't decide where to eat? Ask the Front Desk for recommendations when you arrive and we’d be happy to direct you to some of our favorites, depending on what you are hungry for. We can also provide you with a map featuring over 75 local restaurants. Many Mission District restaurants accept reservations via OpenTable. Plan ahead and book your dining reservation before you arrive at Inn San Francisco.
Be sure to make your reservation today at Inn San Francisco, where you will be in the heart of all of the action of the Mission Dolores District.